Monday, September 12, 2011

Couch to 5K... This'll be fun

Alrighty... So I am totally starting a new phase in my life- TODAY! I have decided that it is past time that this girl get off her lazy bum and get back in shape. I have been kind of struggling with this because I know that God made me special and He thinks I am beautiful, but I also know that I could be doing a much better job of caring for this body He's given me to use while I'm down here on earth... SOOOOOOOO
In surprises of all surprises I am going to become a runner... Yep, true story... sort of... Yea. A friend told me about this program she did one time that is called Couch to 5K. The idea is that anyone can become a runner and get into better shape with this program. So it starts you off really easy and then you kind of just ease into this running program, which in 6 weeks, should form you into someone capable of running 3 miles... YEP... We'll see how it goes. I am a little nervous but I really want to get into better shape. I want to gain some of that energy I have lost, lose some of these pounds I don't need, and start feeling better about myself.
I'm not planning on losing so much weight that I become super skinny or anything, so don't worry, those of you that fear you will no longer recognize me... But I do know that I could definitely use to lose some weight! Maybe I'll get to my sister's weight (Well, then again... maybe not! = )
Also- in addition to becoming a runner I have decided that I am going to start eating healthier. I mean, what better time than now, when I am super poor so my cupboards are basically baren anyways! = ) I am going to lay off pop, which I have been drinking too much of lately and I am going to try this low carb thing that my parents and their friends have been doing. I am also going to watch how much I eat. I tend to go a little crazy on portions sometimes. So I will count my carbs and see how it goes. I am also thinking that I really don't need to be eating some of the junk that I do, so I really want to watch this. I will try it and hopefully we will see some great results. I want to really get excited about this plan, which is part of the reason that I am announcing it via blog... If I write it on here, I need to follow through so my faithful followers (Steph!) are not dissappointed in me = )
So... I am planning on doing a weekly update of how things are going and let you all know how I am feeling... I will probably feel tired and sore for part of it, but we'll see...
Yep, that is all- but don't worry, I won't give up coffee, but maybe I will try to tone down the amount, and the amount of sugar I use in it! = )
That's all for now- my first running workout is in approximately 2 hours! Maybe pray, God knows that I could all the help possible to stay excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment